Founded in 1995, the Affinity Group is a vibrant, diverse and growing group of professional services companies, who offer accounting and tax services to contractors, freelancers and SME’s.
Our sociable team has grown to 70+ people, spread across 3 offices in Hampshire and Dorset with our main office in Ferndown.
We offer a wealth of opportunity for ambitious individuals looking to be a part of a Company who support professional growth and believe in nurturing their people to help them achieve their maximum potential.
We are looking for an Accounts Apprentice to join our busy team of accountants based in our Ferndown.
This is an entry level position and therefore we do not require you to have gained previous accounting experience. Training and professional qualification will be delivered through an apprenticeship program whereby you will gain your Level 3 AAT qualification through on the job training and one day release per week to study at college.
In your role, you will gain experience in a range of financial activities from data entry to month-end management accounts.
Knowledge and Experience
The candidate would ideally have knowledge or experience in:
- At least five GCSEs at grades 9 – 4, including English and Maths
- A relevant Level 2 Apprenticeship or other relevant qualifications and experience.
Main duties and responsibilities
You will be working towards the below responsibilities through on the job training and guidance as well as your studies within a college setting.
- Preparing and submitting statutory accounts and corporation tax returns from a variety of both manual records and software
- Reviewing client records
- Handling inbound queries from clients, and delivering great client service
- Meeting or exceeding all targets and KPIs
- Be confident and ambitious
- Be keen to progress and willing to learn
- Be looking to develop their career in accounts
- Have a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Enjoy working in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Be a strong communicator
- Well organised
- A team player
Salary and benefits
Along with the Apprentice wage, we offer a range of excellent staff benefits including:
- 25 days holiday plus statutory Bank Holidays
- Study support to help you grow as a professional and develop your skills
- Private medical cover
- Duvet days
- Dress down Fridays
- Company events and social calendar
- Free food!
If you think this is the job for you, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org